Friday, July 15, 2011

New direction

I haven't blogged in so long, but my mom convinced me to start again. So many things have happened! Let's see... Jason and I got a new chinchilla a few months ago named Coco. He's technically a mosaic, but he's mostly white.



Ain't he a cutie. :)

We had no idea until after we got him, but he's actually Momo's father. It's such a weird coincidence.

In February I started taking a course for a Personal Support Worker, and I've been working at Paramed since. I never expected to be doing this job. I'm also starting in September at McMaster again for the accelerated 2-year nursing program. So, my current job is already quite similar to nursing, and now I'll be gaining more expertise to build my career. I still think I'd prefer working with (non-human) animals for a career, but I'm going to start out in a field that pays well, and if I end up not liking it, I'll go back to school later in life. I want to be able to get a house right away, and being a nurse will allow me to do that. :) I'm excited. I think I'd like to go into neonatal. There's just something about cute, tiny creatures that calls to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment